Children get to experience a “volcanic eruption” before their very own eyes while learning about chemical reaction.
– Understand how a volcano erupts
– Learn about the effect and impact of a volcanic eruption
– Appreciate the geographic location of Singapore on earth
After doing the experiments a few times, the coloured sodium bicarbonate powder and white citric acid powder will be used up. You can replace them with the following items which are commonly found in the kitchen or easily obtainable at the supermarket:
– Baking powder to replace the coloured sodium bicarbonate powder (red food colouring can be added to enhance it)
– Vinegar to replace the white citric acid powder